Client - J D Wetherspoons plc.

Contract Period - 17 Weeks

Contract Value - £1.7 Million

Description -

In late Victorian times, Western Road was mostly residential, yet later became one of Bexhill’s main shopping streets. This was a well-known cinema (The Picture Playhouse), officially opened in 1921 by the Duchess of Norfolk. In 1974, the stalls were turned into a bingo club (later an antiques market) and the circle into the Curzon Picture House. Its final lease of life was in 2005–08 as the Redstack Playhouse theatre/cinema, after which it had remained abandoned. After a 17 week restoration the old playhouse has it's charm back.